Would recommend 120%. Very professional, personable, knowledgeable and NCHI licensed. You will be happy you chose Marc. I promise.
Realtors: is your Home Inspector really qualified?
Home Inspector Associations only sets a minimum standard. Much like being up to code, any less would be illegal. Imaginary people, children, psychics (who claim to "sense" if a house is OK) and even pets can be home inspectors. That is why NACHI front-ends its membership requirements. We turn down more than 1/2 the inspectors who want to join because they can't pass our exam or fulfill our membership requirements.
Our inspectors have to meet all of our membership requirements and pass our exam before being accepted into NACHI. We don't offer associate or candidate memberships (junior memberships for inspectors who have not met the requirements).
- Have to pass NACHI's Online Inspector Examination every year. (This general, not association-specific exam is open and free to all).
- Have to complete NACHI's online Ethics Obstacle Course. (This open book Ethics course is open and free to all).
- Have to take NACHI's online Standards of Practice Quiz (This open book Standards of Practice quiz is open and free to all).
- Have to sign and submit an Affidavit.
- Have to adhere to NACHI's Standards of Practice.
- Have to abide by NACHI's Code of Ethics.
- Have to continue learning (24 hours/year) as per NACHI's Continuing Education Policy.
- Have to maintain a member Online Continuing Education Log (free) as per NACHI's Continuing Education Policy.
- Have to (if never performed a home inspection for a fee) submit 4 mock inspections to NACHI's Report Review Committee (free) before performing their first home inspection for a client.
- Have to (within 30 days after joining) successfully complete NACHI's comprehensive online Standards of Practice course (free).
- Have to (within first 60 days after joining) complete NACHI's comprehensive online Roofing course (free) including all the quizzes within and pass it's final exam.
- Have to (within first 3 months of membership) apply for a membership photo I.D. (free).
- Have to re-take and pass NACHI's Online Inspector Examination again, every year (free).
- Have to attend at least one chapter meetings or educational seminars every two years (reasonable exceptions apply).
- Have access to Inspector's Quarterly , delivered to their doorstep.
- Have access to NACHI's free visual aid inspection frames to help them learn.
- Have access to NACHI's free library for improving their inspection skills.
- Have access to NACHI's message board for exchanging information and tips.
- Have access to NACHI's What's New section so they can keep up with the industry.
- Have access to NACHI's specific-topic advisory boards.
- Have access to Dear NACHI for detailed advice.
- Have access to a time-tested Agreement which keeps them (and you) away from lawsuits.
- Have access to NACHI's Report Review/Mentoring service.
- Have to submit passport photos for their membership I.D.
- Have access to NACHI's free online inspection courses.
- Have to have mock inspections reviewed before performing their first fee paid inspection.
- Have to carry E&O insurance (if their state requires it).
- Have access to a real estate agent hold harmless clause.
- Have access to NACHI University.
- Have access to The NACHI Mall.
- Have a consumer hot-line for their clients.
- Have access to an Arbitration and Dispute Resolution Service.
This information was brought to you by NACHI , America's elite home inspection association.
My Commitment To You:
I will deliver to you and your client a 'state of the art' inspection with 'state of the art' software programming that is simple to read and understand. My goal is to gain your trust by helping in the process of a trouble free 'closing' and providing 'peace of mind' for you and your client.
Please contact me to schedule your next inspection.